Skylla is a silver striking and copper ruby glass based on the popular test batch TK-645 and a relative of Terranova 2.1. Skylla has several improvements over our previous silver/copper striking colors. The colors are brighter, the reset is complete, the nucleation is heterogeneous and the copper ruby is redder.
The silver strike produces bright blues, purples and teals while the copper ruby produces reds when applied in thin layers all the way to black if thickly applied.
Striking Sequence For Best Results
Skylla on the Surface:
- Reset (Heat the glass until translucent)
- Cool for 30 seconds (until the glow fades)
- Strike for 30-45 seconds by reheating at the tip of the flame.
- Encase then Reset (heat glass until translucent)
- Cool for 45 seconds
- Strike for 45-60 seconds by reheating at the tip of the flame
View Jed’s tutorial on How to Make a Tapestry Bead Using Skylla on Snapguide.
There are no reviews yet.